What are the advantages of single phase AC supply as compared to three phase supply?
Right Answer is:
All of the above
Single-phase AC supply sources present the reference for comparison of various alternating power supplies and lay in the basement of these supplies. However, single-phase sources have major advantages when compared with three-phase supply sources as follows.
Advantages of Single-phase AC supply
- Presents simple and cheap power supplies that are capable of covering the industrial and domestic consumption needs to a certain limit.
- Requires the use of one transformer for power conversion and transfer.
- Single-phase current peaks twice during one cycle, whereas three-phase current peaks six times during one cycle resulting in stronger mechanical force and motor torque.
- A Single-phase supply service can be less expensive than a three-phase current in certain situations.
- With respect to mathematical modeling and processing, the physical process single-phase supply is simple compared with a three-phase supply.