1. White noise is that signal whose frequency spectrum
2. The RF amplifier A is having 3 dB NF & 5 dB of gain, amplifier B is having 3.5 dB NF & 15 dB. For overall noise figure of the cascaded system, the correct statement is:
- A as first stage & B as second stage offers minimum over all NF
- B as first stage & A as second stage minimum over all NF
- Both the combination will offer same overall NF
- Over all NF will be less than 3 dB
3. A system has a receiver noise resistance of 50 Ohm. It is connected to an antenna with an input resistance of 50 Ohm. Calculate the noise figure of the system.
4. For the 2N338 transistor, the manufacturer specifies P max = 100 mW at 25°C free air temperature and the maximum junction temperature, Tj max = 125°. Its thermal resistance is
- 10° C/W
- 100° C/W
- 1000° C/W
- 10,000° C/W
5. The change in the value of an analog signal during the conversion from analog to digital produces _______.
- Quantization error
- Resolution error
- Nyquist error
- Sampling error
6. Gain and NF of a single-stage amplifier are 10 dB and 3 dB respectively. When two such amplifiers cascaded then gain and NF of the cascaded amplifier will be?
- Gain : 20 dB, NF : 3.2 dB
- Gain : 20 dB, NF : 6.0 dB
- Gain : 13 dB, NF : 3.6 dB
- Gain : 13 dB, NF : 6.7 dB
7. ________ is used in protocols for detection of transmission errors.
8. Distortion factor is also known as:
9. Which of the following Noise is called Johnson-Nyquist noise?
- Shot Noise
- Random Noise
- Thermal Noise
- None of the above
10. With respect to multimedia, the term SNR stands for: