1. Hooke’s law is applicable within the elastic limit.
2. Calculate the load stress if the value of force is 20 N and the area of the cross-section is 2 m2.
A. 10 N/m2
B. 20 N/m2
C. 30 N/m2
D. 40 N/m2
3. What is the effect of impurities on elasticity?
A. It will increase
B. Remains the same
C. It will decrease
D. It will slightly increase
4. Which of the following are the types of Stress?
A. Longitudinal stress, Volume stress, Tangential stress
B. Longitudinal stress, Volume stress
C. Longitudinal stress, Lateral stress, Tangential stress
D. Longitudinal stress, Shear stress
5. The relationship between Young’s modulus (Y), Bulk modulus (K) and Poisson’s ratio (μ) is _____________
6. Calculate the work done in stretching the wire of volume=22 m3 and the values of stress and strain are 2 N/m2 and 4.
A. 66 J
B. 44 J
C. 22 J
D. 88 J
7. Plasticity is the ability of the material to deform without breaking.
8. _________ motor operates at low power factor.
A. Capacitor run
B. Capacitor start
C. Shaded pole
9. Calculate the compensator rating required for cos(Φ)=.7.
A. 0.71 P.U
B. 0.21 P.U
C. 0.47 P.U
D. 0.12 P.U
10. Full form of SPWM.
A. Sinusoidal pulse width modulation
B. State per width modulation
C. State pulse width modulation
D. Sinusoidal per width modulation