1. Calculate the moment of inertia of the flywheel of mass of 45 kg and radius of 2 m.
A. 185 kg-m2
B. 180 kg-m2
C. 175 kg-m2
D. 170 kg-m2
2. Electric motor and control system are the basic elements of the electric drive.
3. Capacitor start capacitor run single-phase Induction motor is used in ceiling fan.
4. Which of the following are the types of Longitudinal stress?
A. Tensile stress, Compressive stress
B. Tensile stress, Volume stress
C. Tensile stress, Shear stress
D. Tensile stress, Lateral stress
5. Which type of motor is used for milling and grinding operations?
C. Split phase
D. Reluctance motor
6. Calculate the work done in stretching the wire of length=2 m and the values of stress and strain are 16 N/m2 and 24.
A. 1566 J
B. 1644 J
C. 1522 J
D. 1536 J
7. Which type of force phenomenon is used in Sugar mills?
A. Centripetal force
B. Centrifugal force
C. Electrostatic force
D. Nuclear forces
8. The Speed control by variation of field flux results in _____________
A. Constant torque drive
B. zero speed
C. Variable torque drive
D. Variable power drive
9. Calculate the compensator rating required for sin(Φ)=.8.
A. 0.9 P.U
B. 0.8 P.U
C. 0.7 P.U
D. 0.2 P.U
10. Calculate the heating time constant of the machine if the thermal capacity (C. of the machine is 16 watts/℃ and heat dissipation constant value (D. is 4 watts/℃.
A. 6 sec
B. 7 sec
C. 4 sec
D. 9 sec