1. Output current in general-purpose op-amp can be increased using
A. Power comparator
B. Power amplifier
C. Power resistor
D. Power booster
2. Which type of power transistor is chosen for a discrete power booster?
A. Collector follower stage
B. Emitter follower stage
C. Base follower stage
D. None of the mentioned
3. What is the power dissipation of the power transistor?
A. ≅ 0.5W
B. ≤ 0.5W
C. > 0.5W
D. ≠ 0.5W
4. Burr-Brown 3553 power amplifier is suited for
A. Line driving applications
B. Power supply requirement
C. Bandwidth adjustments
D. High-frequency application
5. Find the IC that can be used for short circuit proof protection?
A. All of the mentioned
B. IC LM384
6. Which of the following is ideal for consumer applications?
7. Bridge power audio amplifier can deliver power up to
A. Twice as much as the output of a single LM380 amplifier
B. Thrice as much as the output of a single LM380 amplifier
C. Four times as much as the output of a single LM380 amplifier
D. Half of the output of a single LM380 amplifier
8. What precautionary measures should be taken if the circuit is used in an RF-sensitive environment?
A. Connect a parallel combination of RC at the output
B. Connect a series combination of Resistors at the output
C. Connect parallel capacitor at the output
D. Connect a series combination of RC at the output
9. Which amplifier provides twice the output swing as that of the LM380 amplifier?
A. Hybrid power amplifier
B. Bridge power audio amplifier
C. Monolithic power audio amplifier
D. Dual power amplifier
10. A LM380 power amplifier is used in an intercom system with amplifier gain = 50 and the transformer turns ratio is given as 35. Find the overall gain of the circuit.