Which locomotive has the highest operational availability?
Right Answer is:
Electric Locomotive:- An electric locomotive requires much less time for maintenance and repairs than a steam locomotive and such vehicles can, if desired, be kept in service for 95% or more.
Diesel Locomotive:- It is available for hauling for about 90% of its working days.
Steam locomotive:- It is available for hauling work for about 60% of its working days, the remaining 40% is spent in preparing for service, maintenance, and overhaul.