1. Which among the following is a unit for electrical energy?
2. A bulb has a power of 200W. What is the energy dissipated by it in 5 minutes?
3. Out of the following, which one is not a source of electrical energy?
A. Solar cell
4. Calculate the energy dissipated by the circuit in 50 seconds.
5. Which among the following is an expression for energy?
6. Calculate the energy in the 10 − ohm resistance in 10 seconds.
7. A battery converts___________
A. Electrical energy to chemical energy
B. Chemical energy to electrical energy
C. Mechanical energy to electrical energy
D. Chemical energy to mechanical energy
8. A current of 2A flows in a wire offering a resistance of 10ohm. Calculate the energy dissipated by the wire in 0.5 hours.
Here I (current) = 2A
Resistance(R) = 10ohm.
Power = I2R = 22 × 10 = 40.
Energy = Pt = 40 × 0.5 × 60 × 60 = 72000J = 72kJ. [/bg_collapse]
9. Calculate the energy in the 5 − ohm resistor in 20 seconds.
10. Practically, if 10kJ of energy is supplied to a device, how much energy will the device give back?
A. Equal to10kJ
B. Less than 10kJ
C. More than 10kJ