The motor used in the synthetic fiber mills are
Right Answer is:
Constant Speed Motor
Textile mills are classified into five types.
- Cotton mills
- Woolen and worsted mills
- Dyeing and finishing plants
- Knitting mills
- Rayon and other synthetic fibers or silk.
Textile machinery is driven electrically by individual motor drives rather than by group drives. The motor used in the synthetic fiber mills is Constant Speed Motor.
Advantages of Individual Drive
- Flexibility in the installation of different machines.
- Each operator has full control of the machine which can be quickly stopped if an accident occurs.
- Since each machine is driven by a separate motor, it can be run and stopped as desired.
- The motor and its control unit can be built as an integral part of the machine which results in a good appearance, cleanliness, and safety.
- Machines not required can be shut down and also replaced with a minimum of dislocation.
- In the case of the motor fault, only its connected machine will stop whereas others will continue working undisturbed.
- The maintenance of line shaﬁs, bearings, pulleys, and belts, etc. is eliminated. Furthermore, there is no danger of oil falling on articles being manufactured, which is very important in the textile industry.