1. If two bulbs are connected in parallel and one bulb blows out, what happens to the other bulb?
A. The other bulb blows out as well
B. The other bulb continues to glow with the same brightness
C. The other bulb glows with increased brightness
D. The other bulb stops glowing
2. Calculate the current across the 20 − ohm resistor.
3. In a parallel circuit, with a number of resistors, the voltage across each resistor is ________
A. The same for all resistors
B. Is divided equally among all resistors
C. Is divided proportionally across all resistors
D. Is zero for all resistors
4. The current in each branch of a parallel circuit is proportional to _________
A. The amount of time the circuit is on for
B. Proportional to the value of the resistors
C. Equal in all branches
D. Proportional to the power in the circuit
5. Calculate the total current in the circuit.
A. 20 A
B. 10 A
C. 11.43 A
D. 15 A
6. The voltage across the open circuit is?
7. The voltage across the short is?
8. If the current through x ohm resistance in the circuit is 5A, find the value of x.
A. 27 ohm
B. 5 ohm
C. 12 ohm
D. 135 ohm
9. The currents in the three branches of a parallel circuit are 3A, 4A, and 5A. What is the current leaving it?
B. Insufficient data provided
C. The largest one among the three values
10. The total resistance between A and B is?
A. 20 ohm
B. 5 ohm
C. 80 ohm
D. 0 ohm