1. Which one of the following offers CPUs as integrated memory or peripheral interfaces?
C. Embedded system
D. Memory system
Microcontrollers are the CPUs that have integrated memory and peripherals but microprocessor possesses external chips for memory.
2. Which of the following offers external chips for memory and peripheral interface circuits?
C. Peripheral system
D. Embedded system
Microcontrollers are the CPUs that have integrated memory and peripherals whereas microprocessor offers external chips for memory.
3. How many bits does an MC6800 family have?
MC6800 is an 8-bit processor proposed by Motorola.
4. Which of the following is a 4-bit architecture?
D. National COP series
National COP series is a 4-bit processor whereas MC6800 is an 8-bit processor, 8086 is a 16-bit processor and 80386 is a 32-bit processor.
5. What is CISC?
A. Computing instruction set complex
B. Complex instruction set computing
C. Complimentary instruction set computing
D. Complex instruction set complementary
It is complementary to RISC architecture and has a complex instruction set compared to RISC architecture.
6. How is the protection and security for an embedded system made?
C. Memory disk security
D. Security chips
Intellectual property right provides security and protection to embedded systems.
7. Which of the following possesses a CISC architecture?
C. Atmel AVR
MC68020 is having a CISC architecture. CISC architecture is used for code efficiency whereas RISC architecture is used for speeding up the processor. ARC, Atmel AVR, and Blackfin are RISC architectures.
8. Which of the following is a RISC architecture?
C. Zilog Z80
MIPS possesses a RISC architecture whereas 80386, 80286, and Zilog Z80 are CISC architectures.
9. Which one of the following is the board-based system?
B. Address bus
D. DMA bus
VMEbus is a Versa Module Europa bus that is used as a board-based system for easy manipulation. VMEbus is a computer bus standard developed for the Motorola MC6800 family and is mainly based on Eurocard sizes.
10. VME bus stands for
A. Versa module Europa bus
B. Versa module embedded bus
C. Vertical module embedded bus
D. Vertical module Europa bus
A computer bus standard in Eurocard sizes was mainly developed for the Motorola MC6800 family and later on used in many applications and approved by IEEE.