1. Which of the following is the primary objective of sharpening an image?
A. Blurring the image
B. Highlight fine details in the image
C. Increase the brightness of the image
D. Decrease the brightness of the image
2. Image sharpening process is used in electronic printing.
3. In the spatial domain, which of the following operation is done on the pixels in sharpening the image?
4. Image differentiation enhances the edges, and discontinuities and deemphasizes the pixels with slow varying gray levels.
5. In which of the following cases, we wouldn’t worry about the behavior of the sharpening filter?
A. Flat segments
B. Step discontinuities
C. Ramp discontinuities
D. Slow varying gray values
6. Which of the following is the valid response when we apply the first derivative?
A. Non-zero at flat segments
B. Zero at the onset of gray level step
C. Zero in flat segments
D. Zero along ramps
7. Which of the following is not a valid response when we apply a second derivative?
A. Zero response at the onset of gray level step
B. Nonzero response at the onset of gray level step
C. Zero response at flat segments
D. Nonzero response along the ramps
8. If f(x,y) is an image function of two variables, then the first order derivative of a one dimensional function, f(x) is:
9. Isolated point is also called a noise point.
10. What is the thickness of the edges produced by first-order derivatives when compared to that of second-order derivatives?