Ques.41. In a transmission line, the voltage regulation is negative whenever receiving end voltage Vs
- Less than the sending end voltage
- Greater than the sending end voltage
- Equal to the sending end voltage
- Half of the sending end voltage
- 1 Ω
- 5 Ω
- 10 Ω
- 2 Ω
Ques.43. What is the reason behind using a centrifugal switch in a single-phase induction motor?
- To protect the motor from overloading
- To cut-off the starting winding at an appropriate instant
- To out in the capacitor during running conditions
- To improve the starting performance of the motor
Ques.44. In an AC network, the load connected is (10 + j10). The phase relation between the voltage applied and the current through the load is:
- Voltage and current are in phase with each other
- Voltage lags current by 30°
- Voltage leads current by 45°
- Voltage lags current by 45°
Ques.45. Which of the following plants experiences chain reactions?
- Thermal power plant
- Nuclear power plant
- Gas power plant
- Hydro-electric power plant
Ques.46. _______ is the measuring unit of inductive susceptance.
Ques.47. The trade name of the Nickel-Copper alloy, that is used as a heating element is:
Ques.48. Extension of moving iron ammeter range can be done by using
Ques.49. Which of the following should be used under no-load conditions?
- Rewireable fuse
- Air-break switch
- Circuit breaker
Ques.50. Which motor is referred to as a universal motor?
- Single-phase induction