Synchro is a _________ transducer
Synchro is a ________ transducer
Right Answer is:
- A synchros is an electromagnetic transducer commonly used to convert an angular position of the shaft into an electric signal.
- It is known as selsynorantosym, Telesyn.
- Basically, a synchros is a rotary device that operates on the same principle as the transformer and produces a correlation between angular position and a voltage or set of voltage.
- It is used to determine the magnitude and direction of angular displacement.
- Synchros are used widely in control systems as detectors and encoders because of their ruggedness in construction and high reliability.
- When the rotor positions of two synchros are in perfect alignment, the voltage generated across the terminal of output rotor winding is zero.
- When the rotor shafts are not aligned, the rotor voltage of the control transformer is approximately a sine function of the difference between the two shaft angles.