1. Load torques can be classified into how many types?
2. Rolling mills exhibit what type of load torque characteristics?
A. Constant torque characteristics
B. Linearly rising torque characteristics
C. Non-Linearly rising torque characteristics
D. Non-Linearly decreasing torque characteristics
3. What is the relationship between torque and speed in constant type loads?
A. Torque is independent of speed
B. Torque linearly increases with an increase in speed
C. Torque non-linearly increases with an increase in speed
D. Torque non-linearly decreases with an increase in speed
4. Torque inversely varies with the speed in the windage load torque component.
5. What type of force handles for active torques?
A. Strong nuclear forces
B. Weak nuclear forces
C. Gravitational forces
D. Electrostatic forces
6. Passive torques always oppose the motion of the driven machine.
7. Among the following which one exhibits linearly rising load torque characteristics?
B. Rolling Mills
C. Fan load
D. Separately excited dc generator connected to the resistive load
8. What is the condition for the steady-state operation of the motor?
A. Load torque > Motor torque
B. Load torque <<<< Motor torque
C. Load torque = Motor torque
D. Load torque < Motor torque
9. Choose the correct one. (× stands for multiplication, J represents the moment of inertia, w represents angular speeD..
A. J×d(w)/dt = Load torque – Motor torque
B. J×d(w)/dt = Load torque + Motor torque
C. J×d(w)/dt = Motor torque – Load torque
D. J×d(w)/dt = Load torque × Motor torque
10. Regenerative braking mode can be achieved in which quadrant (V-I curve)?