Ques.141. According to Fleming’s right-hand rule, what does the thumb indicate?
- Direction of the motion of the conductor relative to the magnetic field✓
- Direction of the induced or generated Current with the conductor
- Direction of the magnetic field
- None of these
Ques.142. dv/dt protection is provided to the SCR by:-
- Connecting a capacitor & resistor in parallel with the device✓
- Connecting a capacitor in parallel with the load
- Connecting an inductor in series with the load
- Connecting an inductor & resistor in parallel with the device
Ques.143. Consider the two transistor analogy of SCR, if α1 & α2 are the common-base current gain of both the transistors then to turn-on the device:-
- α1 − α2 should approach zero
- α1 + α2 should approach zero
- α1 + α2 should approach Unity✓
- α1 × α2 should approach zero
Ques.144. Carborundum is also known as:-
- Silicon Carbide✓
- Lead sulfide
- Gallium arsenide
Ques.145. The constant speed of a synchronous motor can be changed to new fixed value by which of the following methods?
- By changing the applied voltage
- By changing the supply frequency✓
- By interchanging the two phases
- All of the above
Ques.146. Constantan is an alloy which contains ______metals.
- Silver and Tin
- Copper and Tungsten
- Copper and Nickel✓
- Copper and ZInc
Ques.147. Thermoelectric cooling systems make use of which effect to create a heat flux between the junction of two different types of materials?
- Peltier effect✓
- Reuters Effect
- Seebeck Effect
- None of these
Ques.148. Calculate the scale span of the instrument that is calibrated between 20 bar and 200 bar and used for the measurement of pressure.
- 20 bar
- 180 bar✓
- 190 bar
- 220 bar
Ques.149. Calculate the current (in Ampers) flowing in the conductor when 5 × 1019 electrons are flowing per second through it.
Ques.150. Calculate the gauge factor of a strain gauge, if the value of resistance is 152 Ohms, which changes by 5 Ohms for 5000 microstrain.
For UPPCL JE 2016 Electrical paper with complete solution Click Here
For UPPCL JE 2016(Evening Shift) Electrical paper with complete solution Click Here