In motor, the static frequency changers are used for
Right Answer is:
In motor, the static frequency changers are used for Speed Regulation.
The static frequency converter is a device that alters the frequency of the input signal according to the input set point. As the name specifies, it consists of solid-state switching devices which are either on or off according to the input control signal.
The advantages of static frequency conversion devices are as follows:
- The installation costs are lowered. Space occupied is smaller compared to the conventional rotating devices. The alignment problems are not there.
- The efficiency of conversion is improved which in turn reduces the running costs also. Periodic maintenance of rotating parts is not required.
- The voltage and frequency can be independently varied so that the motor operates at constant flux. So it is completely independent of fluctuations in the ac supply voltage and frequency.
- Static converters occupy less space and offer low noise compared to mechanical converters with heavy machinery.
- It offers a wide variety of voltage and frequency control with a great control due to its independence of supply voltage variations.
- The output volts/hertz can be adjusted to suit the adjustable speed motors and a large starting torque can be provided if it is needed.