Synchronous impedance method of finding voltage regulation of a synchronous motor is also known as:
Right Answer is:
The EMF method
The synchronous impedance method of finding voltage regulation of a synchronous motor is also known as the emf method.
Normally for voltage regulation calculation, we use the following methods.
- Synchronous impedance or emf method
- Armature turn or mmf method
- Zero PF or Potier method
Synchronous impedance method (EMF Method):
- The synchronous impedance method of calculating voltage regulation of an alternator is otherwise called the EMF method.
- The synchronous impedance method or the EMF method is based on the concept of replacing the effect of armature reaction with an imaginary reactance.
- This method is not accurate as it gives a result that is higher than the original value. That’s why it is called the pessimistic method.
- For calculating the regulation, the synchronous method requires the armature resistance per phase, the open-circuit characteristic, and the short circuit characteristic.