555 Timer MCQ
1. Monostable multivibrator may be used to generate
2. A 1 μs pulse can be converted into a 1 ms pulse by using
- A monostable multivibrator
- An astable multivibrator
- A bistable multivibrator
- A J – K flip-flop
3. The pulse width out of a one-shot multi-vibrator increase when the
- Supply voltage increases
- Timing resistor decreases
- UTP decreases
- Timing capacitance increases
4. Which of the following is not the other name for the Monostable Multi-vibrator circuit?
5. Which among the following multivibrators is unstable in any state?
6. Determine the time period of a monostable 555 multivibrator.
A. T = 0.33RC
B. T = 1.1RC
C. T = 3RC
D. T = RC
7. How to overcome mistriggering on the positive pulse edges in the monostable circuit?
A. Connect an RC network at the input
B. Connect an integrator at the input
C. Connect a differentiator at the input
D. Connect a diode at the input
8. A monostable multivibrator has R = 120kΩ and the time delay T = 1000ms, calculate the value of C?
9. Which among the following can be used to detect the missing heartbeat?
A. Monostable multivibrator
B. Astable multivibrator
C. Schmitt trigger
D. None of the mentioned
10. A 555 timer in monostable application mode can be used for
A. Pulse position modulation
B. Frequency shift keying
C. Speed control and measurement
D. Digital phase detector