1. The length of a boundary is one of the boundary descriptors.
2. Which of the following of a boundary is defined as the line perpendicular to the major axis?
a) Equilateral axis
b) Equidistant axis
c) Minor axis
d) Median axis
3. Which of the following is the useful descriptor of a boundary, whose value is given by the ratio of the length of the major axis to the minor axis?
4. The term Curvature is defined as:
a) Rate of change of area
b) Rate of change of slope
d) Rate of change in diameter
5. If the boundary is traversed in the clockwise direction, a vertex point ‘p’ is said to be a part of the convex segment if the rate of change of slope at ‘p’ is:
d) Cannot be determined
6. A point ‘p’ is said to be a corner point if the change of slope is less than 100.
7. Based on the 4-directional code, the first difference of smallest magnitude is called:
a) Shape number
b) Chain number
d) Difference number
8. The order of shape number for a closed boundary is:
d) Any positive value
9. What is the order of the shape number of a rectangular boundary with the dimensions of 3×3?
10. The chain code for the following shape is given as:
11. What is the shape number for the boundary given in the previous figure?
12. Statistical moments are used to describe the shape of boundary segments quantitatively.
13. Which of the following techniques of boundary descriptions have the physical interpretation of boundary shape?
a) Fourier transform
b) Statistical moments
c) Laplace transform
14. Statistical moments are sensitive to rotation.
15. What does the total number of pixels in the region defines?