1. Which of these is an area for temporary memory storage?
2. Which of the following can be used as a collection point of data?
C. flag register
3. Which device can compensate for the timing problems between the software?
4. What does a buffer consist of?
A. memory and register
B. memory and peripheral
C. memory and flag register
D. memory and pointer
5. Which of the following is a condition for buffer overrun?
A. cannot accept data
B. cannot receive data
C. cannot provide data
D. can provide data
6. What is the state of the buffer if it asked for data and cannot provide it?
C. remains unchanged
D. beyond overrun
7. Which of the following can remove data from the buffer?
8. How many bits does a 32-bit processor can access?
A. 32-bit char
B. 32-bit word
C. 32-bit double
D. 32-bit double word
9. What occurs first if data is stored in the buffer?
A. speed increases
B. linear shoot
10. Which of the following defines the earliest information that is passed through the buffer?
A. buffer latency
The buffer latency determines the earliest information that passes through the buffer and any response to that information will be delayed by the buffer latency irrespective of how fast the processor is.