1. Following type of multiplexing cannot be used for analog signaling?
- None of these
2. Determine the number of bits/sec generated by a PCM system if the bandwidth of TV video and audio signal of 4.5 MHz is to be converted to PCM stream with 1024 quantization levels. Assume signal is sampled at 20% above Nyquist rate.
- 108 × 106
- 18 × 104
- 80 × 106
- 81 × 105
3. Which waveforms are also called as line codes?
- Baseband Modulation
4. Which modulation technique does not use past information for modulation?
5. Companding is used in PCM to
6. When pulse code modulation is applied to non-binary symbols we obtain waveform called as
- Line codes
7. If the number of bits per sample in a PCM system is increased from 8 to 16, then the bandwidth will be increased by
- 2 times
- 4 times
- 8 times
- 16 times
8. In PCM, if the number of bits are changed from n to (n + 8), then SNR changes by:
9. Examples of PCM waveforms are
- Non-return to zero
- Phase encoded
- Multilevel binary
- All of the mentioned
10. In a 10-bit PCM system, a message signal having a maximum frequency of 4 kHz is to be transmitted. If the bit rate of this PCM system is 60 Kbits / sec, the appropriate sampling frequency is