1. The modified bit is also known as
A. dead bit
B. neat bit
C. dirty bit
D. invalid bit
The dirty bit is said to be set if the processor modifies its memory. This bit indicates that the associative set of blocks regarding the memory is modified and has not yet been saved to the storage.
2. Which of the following have an 8 KB page?
A. DEC Alpha
3. Which of the following address is seen by the memory unit?
A. logical address
B. physical address
C. virtual address
D. memory address
4. Which of the following modes offers segmentation in the memory?
A. virtual mode
B. real mode
C. protected mode
D. memory mode
5. Which of the following is necessary for the address translation in the protected mode?
6. What does “G” in the descriptor entry describe?
C. gate voltage
D. global descriptor
7. How many types of tables are used by the processor in the protected mode?
8. What does the table indicator indicate when it is set to one?
C. remains unchanged
D. toggles with GTD and LTD
9. What does GDTR stand for?
A. global descriptor table register
B. granularity descriptor table register
C. gate register
D. global direct table register
10. What does PMMU stands for?
A. protection mode memory management unit
B. paged memory management unit
C. physical memory management unit
D. paged multiple management units